Jennifer is an active, passionate and involved member of the International Caterers Association (ICA) where she is on the Executive Board as Immediate Past President after completing a successful two-year term as President. She has been a member since 2011.
Prior to starting Fulton Market Consulting, Jennifer joined Blue Plate Catering in downtown Chicago in August of 2008 as Vice President of Sales. Jennifer thrived in her position as the leader of a sales department of 32 dynamic sales and production team members generating annual revenue reaching over $25 million in off-premise catering sales in their peak year. It was always her greatest joy mentoring, supporting and coaching the sales team to take it to the next level logistically and creatively for all client events from concept to execution.
Experience & Background
Jennifer and Blue Plate Catering received several accolades and awards including:
- 2016 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association
for Business Resources
- 2015 Achievement in Catering Excellence (ACE), East Region, Catersource
- 2015 Best Catering Company, Illinois Meetings and Events
- 2015 Couples Choice Award, Wedding Wire
- 2009 Hall of Fame Supplier of the Year, Illinois Meetings and Events
Specific achievements during her tenure at Blue Plate Catering included:
- Development of individualized sales plans, goals and strategies, forecasts
and annual budgets
- Daily coaching, mentoring, consulting and one-on-ones with sales team members (including Generation X, Millennials (Generation Y) and Generation Z)
- Partnering with all departments (Culinary, Operations, Human Resources,
Accounting, Office of the CEO) to provide collaborative team communication
- Establishing, developing and nurturing client relationships and encouraging
event and customer innovations
- Networking, marketing and actively engaging for national brand recognition
as an industry leader and annual conference speaker
- Active member of Leading Caterers of America (LCA)
Jennifer is a proud graduate of the Cornell School of Hotel Administration with a Bachelor of Science concentrating in food and beverage and marketing. She recently was a guest speaker at a special event class at the prestigious Hotel School in October, 2016.
Earlier years available upon request (1992–2008).